Sewer/Garbage payments should be placed in the drop box behind City Hall. Playgrounds, athletic facilities and outdoor shelters are closed until further notice. Park questions, please call (502) 722-8793.
The City of Simpsonville Public Works Department provides numerous services for our citizens such as snow/ice removal, pothole repair and delivery of garbage collection containers. The Public Works Department installs and maintains all traffic and street signs and maintains the City streets and storm drains where applicable.
The City owns and operates the wastewater treatment plant. The plant, located just outside the city limits, was built in 1980 with renovations in 2006 at a cost of 2.4 million dollars. This state of the art plant disinfects with ultra-violet light in lieu of chlorine. This method is cheaper, safer and is environmentally friendly. The Sewer Plant has a daily capacity of 750,000 gallons per day and currently has an average daily flow of 250,000 gallons per day. Currently, the plant is staffed by three operators who are also responsible for the six pump stations in the collection system.
For Sewer/Garbage Payments, go to Home Page Quick Links.
Garbage / Recycle:
Please leave 3 ft. between your mailbox, recycling and/or garbage receptacles to allow room for the trucks' mechanical arms.
Bulk pick-up requirements:
The following is required, but not limited to, to ensure BULK pick-up in a timely manner:
- Must call City office, 502-722-8110, to provide address and identify bulk item(s). 2 BULK ITEMS maximum
- NO Refrigerators, freezers, window unit AC's, or propane tanks
- Bulk items should be placed out Monday prior to Wednesday pick-up
- Wednesday bulk pick-up will follow the last Tuesday trash pick-up of the month
- When in doubt, please call the City office at 502-722-8110
Related Document: 2020 Recycling Calendar